Friday 17 June 2011

Countdown to Chicago

With only days to go before I touch down in Chicago I feel I must warn you in advance of what to expect.
I've tried this time, I really have tried my best to look half way presentable....I feel I have to tell you because it won't be immediately apparent. I've mown my ear and nostril hair back to a respectable length, sanded down my complexion, buffed up with five press-ups and even let a dentist polish the gnashers and yet as I reflect on my reflection my default setting of sheer disappointment remains unchallenged....once again.
 Of course it's never easy but when "Pretty Boy" Binder is in town it's doubly so. He makes me look like I've dressed in a 1990's skip..sorry Dumpster.... after a tramp has had first pick of the good stuff! Who knows, maybe he's aged too. He may have a grey hair on his head by now....I'll tell him he has anyway.

                         (Adam after his horrific combine harvester accident)
No....I must think positively.......maybe I've grown six inches and he's shrunk by the same ammount since we last met.....unlikely though. I could always get some of those built up shoes, or stilts.
The ridiculous thing is that I only live about fifty miles from Adam but because of our busy lives I have to fly to the U.S. to see him!
Oh..one thing.....please don't ask Adam about the numerous prestigious awards he's garnered over the last few years...you'll only encourage him to carve even more beautiful sculptures and win more!
Anyway I must go, these Adam voodoo dolls won't make themselves.......Ha ...Ha...heh.......

1 comment:

  1. I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. I will bookmark your blog and have my children check up here often. I am quite sure they will learn lots of new stuff here than anybody else!

    ReplyDelete